Installing .NET Framework 4.5
1. Go to Microsoft's website to find the files. The .Net Framework is free. Do a Google search for '.NET framework' to identify the download pages. There are several different file options, so you'll have to select the one appropriate for your computer.
2. Download the .NET Framework exe file from Microsoft to your computer. I have a 'Downloads' folder where i put all things like this so I can easily find them when i need them.
dontNetFx45_Full_setup.exe is the name of the file I downloaded for installation of .Net Framework 4.5.
3. Click on the downloaded file and select Run when the Open File dialog appears.
4. Agree to the license conditions and click Install.
5. Installation will occur without further intervention needed.
6. Go back into Control Panel --> Programs and Features and verify that the version of .NET Framework 4.5 is present.