Activating Internet Information Services (IIS)
1. IIS comes as a component of some Windows 7 versions (but not all), however, it may not be installed/activated on your computer. A quick way to see if IIS is installed is to type 'localhost' in your browser. If IIS is NOT installed, you will probably see a blank window similar to below.
If IIS IS installed (but hasn't been configured for a particular web site), you will see something like the default image below.
2. To install IIS, go Start --> Control Panel
2. Click 'Programs and Features'
3. Click 'Turn Windows features On or Off'
4. Check the box for Internet Information Services in the dialog box.
5. Click 'OK'
6. Type 'localhost' in your browser window again. If IIS is installed, you should see the following default image.
To access the administrative panel after installation:
1. Click on Start --> Control Panel
2. Click on 'Administrative Tools'
3. Click on 'Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager' to open the administrative panel.
This is what the IIS administrative panel looks like.
** After you have accessed IIS, the program may also appear on the Program List accessed from the Start button.
Start --> Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
** You can also drag the link to the desktop and create a shortcut.